A passport is a crucial document for international travel, serving as proof of citizenship and personal information. Passport renewal is necessary after ten years, and understanding the reissue process is essential.
When travelling abroad, international travel insurance plays a vital role in providing financial protection during emergencies. Whether dealing with lost luggage, passport theft, or unforeseen medical issues like COVID-19, comprehensive coverage is essential. Purchasing travel insurance is easy and hassle-free, ensuring that travellers are well-prepared for any unexpected situations. *
Embarking on international journeys with travel insurance online allows travellers to explore new destinations with peace of mind, knowing they are financially safeguarded against various travel-related uncertainties.
Now, let’s delve into the details of the Indian passport reissue process.
Table of Contents
What Is An Indian Passport Reissue?
Passport reissue occurs when a holder needs a new passport booklet due to expiration, damage, lack of pages, or the desire to update personal details.
When To File A Passport Reissue Application:
- Passport expiration within the next three years or already expired.
- Current passport is damaged.
- All pages in the passport booklet are used.
- Updates required for personal details like address or date of birth.
- Passport expired three years ago.
How To Apply For A Passport Reissue:
- Register on the Passport Seva portal.
- Fill out the reissue form online.
- Pay the required fees online to schedule an appointment.
- Visit the passport office with the necessary documents.
- Download the passport reissue form and the PCC form.
- Print and fill out the forms.
- Apply for Passport Seva Kendra.
- Pay the fee online.
Documents Needed For Passport Reissue:
- Proof of age.
- Proof of residential address.
- Evidence of identity.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- Copies of the last two and first two pages of the passport.
- Original passport booklet.
- Application appointment printout receipt.
The typical processing time for passport reissue is around 15 days, but it can vary based on factors like police verification.
Checking Reissue Status:
- Visit the Passport Seva website and use the “Track Application” option.
- Download the mPassport Seva Application, register, and check status.
- Send an SMS to 9704100100 with “STATUS FILE NUMBER” from the registered mobile number.
- Call 18002581800 for automated voice response.
Maintaining an up-to-date passport is paramount for seamless travel, be it domestic or international. Passport reissue is necessary to ensure the continued validity of your travel document, addressing various situations such as expiration, wear and tear, or changes in personal details.
Moreover, securing travel insurance online is an essential component that adds valuable financial protection to your journeys. Whether facing the potential loss of essential documents, experiencing unexpected medical issues like COVID-19, or dealing with other travel-related uncertainties, having comprehensive travel insurance provides the assurance needed to enjoy your travels without unnecessary worries. With the knowledge of the passport reissue process and the added protection of travel insurance, you can confidently embark on your travel adventures.