Credit cards are innovative tools that allow you to spend money that you might not have in your savings account. This expenditure is made possible due to a line of credit extended by the lender based on the understanding that you will repay the borrowed funds with interest in addition to other fees associated with the usage of the credit card.
Credit cards come in handy for all but are of particular use for young people who are students. This is due to a number of reasons, the primary of which is that they are suddenly faced with a multitude of expenses that they might have to pay for themselves.
Understanding the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
The government of Bihar was able to recognize the expenses associated with education that young people faced which is why they launched the Bihar Student Credit Card scheme in 2016.
This scheme makes credit cards available to students seeking to pursue higher education by providing them with financial assistance made available by credit cards.
The scheme operates on the understanding that the government will provide an education loan that amounts to up to INR 4 Lakhs for students who have successfully completed their academics till up to grade 12.
What is particularly enticing is the fact that the interest applicable on the loaned money amounts to 0 percent!
Bihar Student Credit Card – Apply Online
- You must first visit the appropriate website.
- Register yourself as a new user and fill out the asked for details.
- You will then receive a one-time password (or OTP) on the mobile number and email address you registered with.
- After you key out the OTP, you will be redirected to a new page where you must fill out personal details.
- Once you submit your personal details you will see three options appear.
- Click on the third option as it pertains to student credit cards and fill out the required details.
- Once complete, select the ‘submit button.
- You will then receive a unique ID number which is sent to your registered mobile number.
- You will also receive a PDF which is a copy of the form you submitted which also lists the documents you are required to submit later on in the application process. This PDF will be sent to your registered email address.
Documents Needed to Apply for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
- Grades 10 +2 mark sheets.
- Certificate of residence.
- Certificate of being selected or accepted to a higher academic institution.
- A detailed document that outlines the fees associated with higher education has been issued by the academic institute.
- PAN card.
- Self-attested copies of your application along with passport size photographs.
- Statements of your parent’s bank accounts from the past 6 months.
- Form 16 and family income certificate from the previous year
- Income tax return pertaining to the previous two years.
- Proof of identification in the form of an Aadhar Card, passport, or voter ID.
Eligible students must take advantage of the student credit card Bihar scheme as it will allow them to pursue their academic dreams and ambitions such that they can actually make a decent income post completion of their academic pursuits. Go to the Finserv MARKETS portal in order to have a clearer understanding of the same.
Hyperlinked website – http://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/